Are we going to use this blog? Are we going declare the camera club open? Do we want to think of a better name (I like MisanthroPics, so we could change the URL to that)?
If it is going, what do we do with it?
Virtual camera club for grumpy gits who don't like the type of people who usually go to camera clubs.
6 comments:
I still think a forum would make discussion easier (we've only got a few posts here and it's already getting a bit difficult to track down where conversation is happening)
However, doesn't appear there are alternatives all of us are prepared to use, so this might be the best option.
I'm certainly happy to continue posting and chatting. Obviously, I like the name, so might be an idea to switch to a URL to reflect that.
Cheers - Tom
Tried Flickr again last night. Can't really get on with it to be honest. If you want to try and set up a forum, give it a go. (I mentioned some site called Yuku before - there are others.)
Will change the URL later. Gotta go.
And I think you asked what we're going to do with it, if we do keep it going?
I'd suggest:
invite other potential members who are in similar situation to us...enjoy photography, but not interested in a traditional camera club.
Site should be about a very informal and unpressured environment to post tips and techniques; not be afraid to ask for advice/critique/what did I do wrong etc; post pics you are particularly proud of
Could also be used to help maintain/reignite people's photography passion (we all have a slump in interest at times) with challenges, competitions or tasks...for example have photo-a-day weeks, or only 50mm lens weeks...or flash photos only weeks...or try to copy famous photog style challenge etc etc - possibilities endless
At least two of the people I think would be up for it are Canon users, and another two are Nikon users, so might be some place for specific equipment tips, tricks and advice, questions etc.
My two Canon using friends already do irregular "photo safaris" when they meet up with a few other camera users in a pre-chosen location and take pics - site could be used to develop this perhaps, or at least post the pics and advertise the next outing.
Some git already has OUR NAME!.
Any others? We could have Misanthropix or Misanthropictures. Or stick with what we've got.
Also I'm not too keen on the colour scheme either.
A challenge would be a good start. How about something to do with Autumn? I'll post one soon.
Either option works for me.
Autumn also a good first theme.
I'll leave you to set out the challenge rules.
I'd suggest some sort of friendly voting system, owner of pic attracting most votes gets to propose next challenge?
And had a look at yuku - seems simple enough, I've registered misanthropics there, so if we do decide we want to shift, we can. Basic and functional forum structure with ability to post pics, but with pics buried in threads and no "front page" display, is not as pretty as the blog!
While there are only three of us, sure we can cope with the blog format - can take another look if we get some more people interested and get an idea of level of posting.
Post a Comment