16-85@68, f/8, 1/30s, ISO 400. From treetop walkway in Salcey Forest (yet again), Northamptonshire. Just loved the colour contrast and the contrast between the evergreen and the autumnal trees. Still not sure about the focus, I did take some with the yellow leaves in focus and the foremost trees blurred, never really made my mind up which was best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I like this one a lot.
NIce close up composition, the long focal length compresses perspective. Perhaps f/16 would get fg and bg in focus, I don't know.
I did try a few settings, but in reality the pine was so close and the background tree so far behind it that I would have struggled to get a DOF to get both in acceptable focus. Perhaps if I'd had the tripod with me I could have tried a few hyperfocal shots with smaller apertures and long exposures, but suspect I would have run into leaf motion difficulties.
In some ways this works best (for me) as an abstract image - not getting too bogged down in what is in focus and what isn't. The strength lies in the contrast between the colours.
I was aiming for an abstract look, but always worry that it is easy to distract the viewer, or lead them in the wrong direction if you get things like focus wrong - even for abstracts.
Post a Comment