We went out for a stroll last night after stuffing ourselves with turkey. I took my camera along just in case. Not as many xmas lights as in previous years, but I did spot a tree with coloured lights. Realising that trying to hand hold the camera to get a sharp shot was nigh on impossible in the dark, I decided to mess about with long exposures and camera movement, and here's the result. I only took half a dozen shots as it was bloody freezing and I was holding up the walk.
Santa was there too :)
Exposure details: 1s, f/8, ISO 200. 24-105mm IS lens with (stupidly) IS left on. Idiot.
2 comments:
Is that first attempt - or 4 attempts!
Anyhow. Like the abstract nature of the first 3 (if anything the middle one seems to work the best). But the last one I really like - tried something similar myself, but it ain't half as good.
I'm a big fan of the first of the abstracts. Looks like paint running down a canvas. Get this printed on an eight foot wide canvas and sneak it into a modern art gallery anywhere and noone would bat an eyelid.
Also like the bottom one - reminds me of those montages you get in 1950s musicals when they show the stars names in lights at the various theatres etc. Would have preferred it without the half-cropped Santa on the right hand side, but no great prob.
Post a Comment