Tuesday, 2 December 2008

Late challenge: Tom's second, third and last





The two rain shots are both at 1/250s, f8, ISO 400, 16-85@65mm, with flash

The umbrella close up is 1/50s, f5.5, ISO450, with bounced flash

3 comments:

Toby said...

I like them all. The first excellent use of colour and composition with the umbrella struts giving it a bit of structure. Lots of detail if you pixel-peep.

Of the other two, I marginally prefer the last one. The b&w feel gives it a chillier feel than the second. More ripples as well, make it more interesting. Good flash on both - would have been easy to have got unwanted reflections, I guess.

Tom said...

Think I prefer the second as well, for similar reasons, although I liked the colour rain pic because of the interesting textured background and the relative emptiness of the frame, with just the few ripples in the corner.

Used the flash off-camera and held down low and to the left of the camera to try and sidelight the splashes a bit more to add contrast, and avoid reflection.

Neighbours must have thought I was a loon standing out in the middle of the street, in the rain, taking pictures of puddles!

Kev said...

>Neighbours must have thought I was a loon

Enough said.

Still, I like the second raindrop photo very much.