
Bit experimental - Alice has strung these baubles up against the bathroom window on very fine wire. Fired camera in completely dark room and then "painted" the baubles with a torch during exposure time. Darkened the background as much as poss in PP to try and isolate the decorations. Movement of me and the torch caused air movement which moved the baubles during the exposure, which means it's not as sharp as it should be.
D300, 30secs, f25, 16-85@28mm, tripod and remote trigger.
3 comments:
Very clever and effective. I've been aware of the technique but never tried it. Perhaps I'll see what I can do.
I'm sure I can see some long exposure noise artefacts there too ;)
Well, well. Quick off the mark, Mr S. Like Kev, I'd read about doing this, but never tried it.
Oddly enough, this works better (for me) when viewed large, rather than small.
I can also see part of the window frame I managed to miss when PPing!
If trying again in future, I'd try to get hold of a torch with a much narrower beam, to give me more control over where the light goes.
Also more challenging with a reflective window and white wall behind. I think something with a more light absorbant black background would be more effective (and possibly trying it with something a bit more solid than baubles on wire!)
Post a Comment