Tuesday, 27 October 2009

Challenge 6 - Tom's second


Carpark in St Albans (f8, 1/80s, ISO 400, 16-85@30mm)

4 comments:

Kev said...

That's a very very good shot. You could wait for a year and not see another alignment of two silver cars like that.

I tiny bit of PS twiddling and this could be a real stand out picture.

Tom said...

Would appreciate PS suggestions.

Shot taken at lunchtime and didn't have time for much fiddling...slight tweak of curves, bit of contrast and upped the colour saturation to bring the yellow out a bit more.

Kev said...

What's the original look like? I'm only asking 'cos I spotted the crop and I wonder what else is in the frame.

I think I'd make it almost solarised - take a bit 'other worldly' extreme, rather than merely tweaked. It's so strong as an image it either needs nothing or a heavy hand.

But what do I know???

Tom said...

There are some trees growing up the middle of the ramp and I cropped it to get rid of the top of a conifer intruding on the bottom of the frame!

Was going for the "nothing" or just about no PP approach - just did enough to smarten up the RAW, but perhaps went too far, but not far enough.

I'll have a play and see if I can come up with anything striking.