Sunday, 26 April 2009

Museum Kampa - Prague





Ok, so I photographed yet another building. This is Museum Kampka, one of the modern art galleries in Prague; itself having been renovated and extended with 21st century glass work. As you can imagine, I was in my element exploring reflections, shapes, colour. From what I can tell so far, this is my favorite.

I've not done much PP as my little dell is not calibrated and the viewing angle dramatically affects the on screen colour and brightness, so I will do it properly when I get home.

EXIF: 5D2, 24mm, f/11, 1/500s, ISO 200

11 comments:

Toby said...

Another good semi-abstract building shot from Mr Lewis. Look forward to seeing some more when you get them done.

Tom said...

Nice abstract and good spot of reflection potential. Real sign of a signature "style" developing here!

Kev said...

Back at work now. This photo is now my Macbook desktop backdrop :)

Toby said...

It's all very nice, but I prefer my back-drop of Michelle Ryan in a black cat-suit (and David Tennant and a red bus, if you must know).

Is it your turn to set a photo challenge, Kev?

Tom said...

Weirdo - being turned on by David Tennant and a red London bus....

Kev said...

Yeh, next photo challenge. Abstract Buildings anyone? :)

Toby - you are very sad for a 43 year old man.

Toby said...

I never said anything about about being "turned on"... I think it must be your own predelictions for busses and male actors. Just to indulge you.

Tom said...

You didn't *need* to say it, the love is obvious. ;)

Tom said...

I think the next challenge should be photos taken at 450mm. ;)

(actually, on reflection wouldn't work. EXIF records it as 300mm, even if it is eseentially more with the crop factor!)

Kev said...

I've now stuck the rest of the photos up on http://www.pbase.com/kevinl/prague

Some ok, most just holiday snaps. Low resolution - can't be arsed with the upload time.

I like: 79, 91, 100, 102, 122, 141, 147, 166, 177, 216, 252

Tom said...

Hey Kev. Looks like you had some lovely Prague Spring weather and also got some fantastic photos.

Like you, liked 79,91 particularly. Also liked the whole sequence of reflective shots (147/157).

Yellow penguins a great spot and shot - I'd be tempted to crop off the last one on the left, so you don't see the end of the pier - but just me.

Boats and bridge in 95 just captures Prague springtime for me, lovely shot.

166 and 177 both had instant impact for me.

The sequence in the Cathedral are excellent as well and really show how well the 5DII performs at high ISO in low light.

And well done for making sure there are some nice shots of Mrs L as well!