Tuesday, 7 April 2009

Reportage Challenge: Toby's #2


"Bail out the workers, not the bankers"; the Socialist Workers Party haven't had so much fun since the recession of the 1980s.  Again, bankrupt Woollies store in Worcester. Going to become a TK Maxx, I believe. Is that a sign of recession or recovery? 

25mm, f8, 1/800sec, ISO400. 

4 comments:

Tom said...

I wonder if a close up shot of just the window on the right hand side, with the Socialist worker and Youth for Jobs posters, with an obviously empty shop behind would have been more impactful?

Toby said...

I think you're probably right. I did a crop with just the posters and passers-by showing, but I wanted to get the shop front in.

Kev said...

I like this one better., Much more like the kind of thing I had in mind for this theme.

I like it in colour.

I would have liked the people to be closer to the right hand edge of the frame walking into the picture, in the traditional manner.

Toby said...

Odd. I much prefer the BW one. And you and Tome are right the composition is lacking with this one. Again - if the sign had been there....