16-85@16, f8, 20s, ISO 200.
Only bit of weather so far has been a bit of a deluge on the drive home a few nights ago - luckily enough when I was playing around with the camera, the remote, a tripod belted onto the passenger seat and some long exposures at night. Definitely a technique in progress, but thought I'd share anyway! Must do better.

4 comments:
An interesting photo. The wing mirror is in focus, but the door handle isn't.
I admire your dedication in strapping the tripod to the seat, etc. No way am I trying this on my bike.
Yep - "interesting" just about covers my feelings as well. Not convinced anything is in focus to be honest, the door handle is a result of camera shake, I think (next time I try it I might see what difference active VR makes...I decided reaching over into the passenger seat and trying to find the mode switch in the dark, at 70 mph might not be the best idea!). Will continue the experiment where and when I can and see if I can work on the composition and other technical aspects - as I'm sure there is a good "motion" photo lurking somewhere in all of this.
Well I like it. It shows great promise, though I can't imagine me having the motivation to set up a tripod in the car...
Kevin, I'm beginning to question your dedication, to be honest. ;)
Post a Comment