Ok, so this doesn't really come under the theme of "Weather" but it was bloody freezing and I could hardly move my fingers to take photos, so I am going with "Cold", even though it's not obvious from the photos.
The main collection of photos are here:
http://pbase.com/kevinl/bigcats
This is my favorite of an Ocelot. He hid most of the afternoon and only came out when only I was taking photos :) It was a really dull day but the sun peeped through just at the right time to provide interesting lighting for this shot. I really like the shape the cat is making.
5 comments:
Yes - very nice. The shape of the cat is good, but I also like the colour and the contrast.
Question: How do you titilate an ocelot? Bfpvyyngr vgf gvg n ybg!
Very funny. Good old ROT13 :)
I can trace my first usenet post back to 1st December 1988. I am soooooo old.
My first usnet experience must have only been a year or so later...
Got some of my students to implement ROT13 when we were programming with ASCII codes. And I've been teaching HTML.
Back on topic: I'm struggling with the weather thing. Hope to et at least one by the deadline, but nothing yet.
You are both extremely sad men.
Nice pic BTW. What was the set up for the day...what sort of access did you get?
Was hoping the Czech Republic might provide some good weather shots, but sadly only snowed at night and rest of time was rather dull, blue sky days.
I used my 70-200 L lens with the 40D. I used a 1.4x extender occasionally, but it wasn't really required.
The cages were not that big (probably too small for me to feel entirely comfortable), but they had apertures in the fencing you could poke a lens (or a hand :) through.
There were about 8 of us on the course and that was just about as many as I think would work. The lecture before the shoot was rather basic and I got bored quickly.
Post a Comment