Thursday, 18 August 2011

Landscape - first attempt and also-rans

First try, been meaning to try to get a shot here for years but it's on one of our regular cycle routes, so never managed to stop for the shot. We walked the route this time (all 12 bloody miles of it). Very thankful I had the LX5 rather than the D300!



f2.6, 1/15s (-.3 EV), ISO 80, 47mm

Same place, more or less same shot - preferred the first though:



f3.5, 1/400s (-.3 EV), ISO 80, 26mm

Another LX5 shot - proving its worth as this was staggering back from a drinks do in Borough during GBBF week, never would have had the Nikon with me in these circumstances, but did have the Panasonic and gorillapod in my pocket:



f8, 8s, ISO 80, 24mm

And again, just trying out the long-exposure/low light capabilities of the LX5 - pretty impressed (this is through a hotel room window, which I think has made the blooming/starbursts a bit worse):



f4.5, 60s, ISO 80, 24mm

2 comments:

Toby said...

Hi Tom, saw this a few days back and haven't got around to commenting.

All very impressive. I'd have to say I like the first one (nice moody atmoshere) and the third one (good light in the reflections).

Your LX5 does seem to do a good job.

Wasn't making much progress on this, but Sarah bought me a DSLR Gorilla Pod for my birthday which I took to Spain. I'll post a few soon. Don't expect too much, however!

Tom said...

Thanks Toby. Yep, I've been very impressed with the Panasonic, to the point of quite happily leaving the Nikon at home and just pocketing the LX5...quite liberating really!

However, still a few more shots that I'd like missed due to compact limitations, but far less than I experienced with the Fuji.

Small gorillapod I've got for compact cameras gets a lot of use and it's so small it goes in my bag/pocket without thought. I've found the SLR (Zoom) version a little less useful, especially as the D300 plus zoom lens exceeds its weight recommendation. You'll probably find it better with the lighter D90!

Looking forward to some El Landscapo shots.