Monday, 2 November 2009

Transport Challenge - Toby's First


Well, now for something completely different. Like Kev, I took a  load the other day whilst out and about but wasn't sure any made the grade - maybe it's just Tom's efforts intimidating me so I might have another look at them.


So, being stuck inside because of the rain, I tried something else. Here it is. 


25sec, ISO 200, f4.8, 40mm. Drew the light trails on with an LED in a child's toy. 

7 comments:

Kev said...

Fuck. Now I hate you too.

Very effective. Very good.

Marks lost 'cos it's a 2CV, obviously.

Tom said...

Love it! Proves rainy days don't mean you can't get creative with the camera. Great colours, nice composition and fantastic idea.

Did you paint the trails on by shining the beam from off camera, or move the LED through the frame physically?

How long did it take to get it right?!

Toby said...

It took a while to get one I was happy with. Best seemed to be longer exposure and slowly moving the LED; faster and quicker diffused the light to much and you didn't get the trails. Did the trails by putting the light close to the model and moving it where I wanted it to show. Didn't try from a distance - that might work with a laser pointer, I guess.

Tom said...

Thinking it through, should have realised. Shining a light from outside the frame would have just painted the backdrop, rather than create the light in "thin air". I reckon you've been watching X-Factor and getting inspired by the "light dancing" adverts! ;)

Toby said...

Oi! Watch it! You can slag-off my photos any time you like - but don't imply I watch X-Factor. ("Strictly..." is often on in our house, but I do my best to avoid it.)

Tom said...

Happy to admit we have previously been X-Factor watchers, but (if you can believe it) this series has reached such a low point of pointless lowness even we've been unable to stomach it.

Enjoyment of Strictly continues unabashed. When else does a man actually get encouraged by his wife to intently study an athletic woman gyrating in a skimpy/next to non-existent outfit?

Bit concerned that I can now spot "poor" hands and feet and know a Cha Cha from a Rumba.

Toby said...

Yebbut, whenever I am in the room it seems to be either Bruce Forsyth or that less-than-attractive girl from Eastenders on.