Thursday, 20 August 2009

Nice to see...

...the megapixel arms race might finally be over

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0908/09081908canong11.asp

Winding back from 14.5MP to 10Mp certainly seems to be a tacit admission that the last few rounds of development have been steps in the wrong direction - or perhaps consumers have started to show they're actually caring about pic quality and low-light performance.

G11 looks rather nice, now they've put the swivel screen back. If I had a spare £500....

Cheers - Tom

2 comments:

Kev said...

I saw this too, and yes, it's a good looking camera.

Not as good looking as the Olympus Pen E-P1, but I would say that, wouldn't I?

Yes, I have bought one. It's very nice too, and I carry it around at all times. I've taken a few nice photos with it, and I'll see if I can get around to posting some this weekend.

Tom said...

Pen looked rather fine as well. I think if I did have the money for an alternative to the D300 I'd probably want to completely get away from lugging round lenses and flashes and just have something I could tuck in a pocket or travel bag which would do a pretty good job. Interested to hear what you make of the Pen and you can show it off when we see you next! Entered a competition to get one for a week trial, so I'm keeping fingers crossed I might get to play anyway.