Saturday, 7 February 2009

Portrait challenge - #3 - messing about with flash





What's in the box Sammy? It's the SB600 in remote mode. Advice would be, once the subject starts actually playing with the flash, stop taking photos. SB600 does bounce (and not in the photographic sense), I've discovered.

Can't decide which of these two I like most, so here's both.

Both pics: 50mm, f6.3, 1/60s, spot, ISO 400

3 comments:

Toby said...

What can I say? Brilliant and simple idea - extremely effective and well done. And great with a toddler - would not, I think, work with an adult. Without doubt my favourite of yours.

If I had to choose, I think I prefer the top one - but as you say there's not much in it. You should print one of these for the wall.

I will not be able to live up to the standard you have set....

Tom said...

Cheers Toby. Pleased with them as well - and Alice already demanding prints!

Kev said...

Again, very very good. I also prefer the top one as it makes you wonder what he's up to.

Technically excellent. I don't have sufficient expletives to demonstrate my jealousy.