Tuesday, 16 November 2010

365 Project

Stumbled across the 356Project website recently. A friend on Facebook is doing it. I have to say I am quite tempted to give it a go. Some of the photos on there are very good and others are interesting from a reportage point of view. Too often my camera sits unused from week to week.

What holds me back is that I'd need a camera with me all the time and I won't be lugging the D90 to work and back every day. I don't really have a compact - although Sarah's old 4MP Ixus has taken a few good shots - and my phone camera is pretty ropey.

Have either of you tried a self-imposed challenge to take a photo a day?

1 comment:

Tom said...

When I was gifted my very first digital camera when we were living in Edinburgh, I was absolutely blown away by the fact I could take and process the images immediately - so started up a photo a day blog.

Can't even remember what the address was now, but suspect it's disappeared without trace anyway.

Not sure I succeeded in a photo every day and some were definitely done through a sense of duty rather than any real photographic inspiration, but it certainly makes you look at the world in a different way and retunes your antenna for opportunities.

One of the reasons I bought the F70 was a plan to have a camera on me all the time to get missed opportunities. Been slightly undone by a) the fact there were enough weaknesses in the camera to still make me wish I had the D300 with me all the time and b) Alice has more or less adopted it as her own now.

May look at what money I've got left after Christmas and what's in the sales and try to pick up a prosumer compact - perhaps a cheap G12 or P7000.