Sunday, 3 January 2010

Kevin's Best of 2009



Definitely this one. Wandering round midtown Manhatten on a September evening. The Rockefeller Centre looks like nothing during the day, but at night, it's stunning. I think I found an angle to show off the buildings to their best.

ISO 3200, f/4, 1/10s

It was a toss up between this and the blue glass building / reflections shot from Prague.

6 comments:

Tom said...

I'd agree - great shot and the angle and perspective really make it.

Definitely a potential wall canvas.

Difficult challenge to pick my personal fav of mine - will have a trawl and see if I can possibly pick one!

Toby said...

Yes - I'd agree with Tom here. A great angle.

My favourite is probably the sunset I posted here. I'll see if I can pick another that you haven't seen.

Tom said...

Yep - definitely one of my favs of your this year Toby.

Kev said...

Yeah Tob, that's a great shot, I wonder if I'd prefer it a tad darker/more moody?

Tom said...

A quick glance back through the Facebook albums of 2009 and this one still makes me stop and look when clicking through the albums.

(I've deliberately not even considered any of the Samster for a personal fav - too many, too difficult to chose, too obvious!)

Kev said...

Agreed, it certainly makes you look twice. I like it very much.